CHUCKWALLA DE/TIME TRIAL, April 2-3, 2022
(COVID-19 COMPLIANT PRE-TECH INSPECTION)
Sponsored By SDR Sponsors:
– Apex Construction – Autos International – Black Forest – Design by Anastasia – Elite Finish
– La Jolla Audio – Makellos Classics – Mirage International – Philip Thearle’s Autowerks – Porsche San Diego
– Völlig Autowerks – Western Financial – San Diego Tire & Wheel – Endeavor Group Real Estate
Registration opens Sunday February 20 at 9am PST: msreg.com/CVR0422
Porsche Club of America – San Diego Region welcomes you!
This event is tentative pending the state of the COVID-19 situation and government regulations in April.
Join us at what has become PCA San Diego’s home track: Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, Saturday & Sunday, April 2 and 3, running counter-clockwise. Springtime in the low desert provides nearly perfect driving weather and beautiful evenings. Be sure to carefully read everything on both this page and the next before signing up so that you aren’t shut out!
This Chuckwalla event features a Time Trial (TT), with separate run groups . All spots are allocated first come, first served (subject to Season Pass priority). If you sign-up and a spot does not become available for you, you will not be charged.
Important information for signing-up (read and heed this carefully before registration opens if you really want to attend):
- Due to very high expected demand, completing the online registration process DOES NOT mean you are Confirmed to attend the event
- Sign-up correctly when registration first opens to maximize your chances of being Confirmed
- To sign-up correctly, thoroughly read this information page and the next, follow all instructions (many of which need to be completed before registration opens), then carefully fill out the registration form on the third page once it becomes available
- If you do not perform the steps that are required to be completed before you go on to register you will likely either not be able to complete registration before a sellout occurs or you will have an incomplete registration which will cause a loss of your registration priority based upon time of sign-up
- Your credit card will not be charged when you sign up (though the number will be collected)
- You must monitor your e-mail regularly and be prepared to respond within 24 hours (8 hours the week of the event) to any inquiries you may receive or you will lose your priority
- Plan to check your Dashboard on MotorsportReg about 2 weeks after registration opens to view your status
- Waitlist Confirmed means that you have not turned in your tech form yet. Waitlist New means you are waitlisted and waiting for a space to open up
- If you are Waitlist New, we do expect movement on the Waitlist as Confirmed participant cancellations occur
Only two-day registration is available for this event. However, you may attend only one of the two days if you wish. The base price for this event (assumes early registration, no need to rent anything, etc.) is $350 for the weekend. Student entrance fee starts at $500 for the weekend to cover the additional costs to incentivize instructors. Track time per entrant is expected to be approximately 3 hours, and traffic is anticipated to be low so everyone should be able to get tons of flying laps. Our $/hour ratio is among the lowest of any group, making it a great deal, especially when you factor in the quality aspect. See the Payment section below for more info.
To register, you are required join the PCA – San Diego group on MotorsportReg.com (note: this just means adding PCA – San Diego to your list of Clubs on MotorsportReg; it does not make you a member of PCA). Regardless of which region of PCA you belong to or if you don’t belong to PCA at all, you must join the SDR group on this web site (again, doing so will not make you a member of PCA). This will be done as a step in the registration process. Non-Porsches that meet our rules are welcome!!!
Season Pass: It’s too late to get a 2022 Season Pass. Season Pass holders get a $40 discount for a two-day registration and $15 for a one-day registration.
Physical Damage Insurance: Insurance for your car is available for this event via Lockton Affinity, LLC, PCA’s exclusively endorsed insurance provider. Note that liability coverage is not included and Time Trial Timed Runs are now insurable for an additional charge. This insurance is strictly optional. Be sure to read all the fine print. For more info click https://locktonmotorsports.com/hpde-insurance/.
Event Hotel: Fairfield Inn & Suites Indio Coachella Valley 42655 Marmara Street Indio CA 92203. Our special rate is $184 per night, and this rate expires on 03 Mar 2022.
Camping at the Track: You may camp at the track Friday and Saturday nights. Please call Chuckwalla Valley Raceway (760) 227-3100 to make arrangements. There may be fees payable to the track in order to camp. The track has cabins available for on-site lodging. Click here for more info.
RV rentals: If interested in an RV rental, try Class A Motorhome Rentals, El Monte RV, or Go RVing.
Early Bird Registration:
Early Bird Registration: The registration fee is $400 for this event. If you register prior to midnight on 18 Mar, with credit card on file, you save $50 and your fee is only $350! Online registration closes at 11:59 pm 26 Mar, after which even higher registration fees apply (though space is unlikely to be available at that time).
Payment: You MUST use a credit card to pay if registering online, VISA, MasterCard, Discover preferred, though we do accept AMEX. For complete event pricing details proceed with registration steps. You will have a chance to confirm (or abort) after you make your selections. Your credit card will be charged AFTER the event.
Cancellation Fee: There are potential fees associated with cancelling after various dates. Please see the full cancellation policy on the Motorsportreg.com page.
If you have a question about this event that is not answered on this page, please contact the Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you at the track 🙂
Your PCA SDR TT/DE Team