See the Thank you Video from Jim Flores, CEO of the San Diego Food Bank
PCA SDR Virtual Food drive from 8/1 to 11/16/20
COVID-19 has hit San Diego hard! Thousands of San Diegans are out of work and struggling to put food on the table. It Takes a Community to Feed a Community, and With Your Help, San Diego Will get Through This!
PCA SDR WANTS TO HELP! We have partnered with the San Diego Food Bank (SDFB) to hold a Virtual Food Drive FROM August 1 to November 16, 2020!
We had an Initial Goal of $3,000, then $10,000 – we met that goal in 2 Months!!!!! You are AWESOME !
Let’s continue to help fellow San Diegans during this unprecedented time
We have a NEW Goal to reach $15,000 in donations – LET’S DO THIS !!!
How does this work? It is easy – you can donate food virtually and securely online with a credit or debit card.
- Go to https://www.fooddriveonline.org/sandiegofoodbank/PCASDR
- Click on Instructions (diagrams) to see how the food donation process works
- When you are done just click you mouse – the instructions will disappear
- Select an item from the shelf by clicking your LEFT mouse button and drag it to the scanner
- Your item prompt a scan sound and will tally on the register to the right
- The register will show you your items, total and how many meals you have provided.
- Continue shopping until you are finished – Click Checkout
- Enter your payment information and that is it!
Here is a bit of information on the San Diego Food Bank
The Food Bank is committed to providing food assistance and resources to the 350,000 people they serve every month and those affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
Approximately 24,000 people volunteer at the Food Bank’s warehouse every year – saving vast labor costs. They have 2 Warehouse/Distribution Centers, one in North County and the other in San Diego. The Food Bank distributes food directly to families and individuals in need at more than 200 distribution sites throughout the county every month, often in parking lots.
Please note that the Food Bank’s 200 food distribution sites throughout San Diego County are continuing to operate for families and seniors to receive food assistance during this crisis.
All purchases/donations go directly to the San Diego Food Bank.
The Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank is a 501(c)3 non-profit entity. Federal Tax ID: #20-4374795. Contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law